from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Glass that has been ground or etched to create a roughened nontransparent surface.
- noun Glass that has been ground into fine particles, as for use as an abrasive.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Glass having a rough, flat surface produced by
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun particulate glass made by grinding and used as an abrasive
- noun glass that diffuses light due to a rough surface produced by abrasion or etching
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.