from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Sports A rule governing the playing of a game on a particular field, course, or court.
- n. A basic rule of procedure or behavior. Often used in the plural.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A rule regarding play on a specific field, course, or court.
- n. The basic rules or standards; whatever someone must know before proceeding.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (baseball) a special rule (as in baseball) dealing with situations that arise due to the nature of the playing grounds
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.