from The Century Dictionary.

  • noun In machinery, a kind of joint in which the surfaces to be fitted are previously covered with fine emery and oil in the case of metal, or fine sand and water in the case of glass, and rubbed together.
  • noun In masonry, the meeting of an upper and lower course of stone in a wall.


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.