Help support Wordnik by adopting your favorite word!


from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. A wad for a gun; specifically, a circular wad, cut with an implement known as a wad-cutter out of pasteboard, cardboard, or felt, used as wadding to keep the ammunition in place either in a gun-barrel or in a paper or metal shell.


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.