from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To pronounce in a guttural manner.
- transitive v. Linguistics To velarize.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To pronounce in a guttural manner
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To speak gutturally; to give a guttural sound to.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To speak or enunciate gutturally.
- To impart a guttural character to; render guttural: as, to gutturalize a vowel.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.