from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having seeds that are not protected in a capsule
- adj. Of or pertaining to a gymnosperm
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having naked seeds, or seeds not inclosed in a capsule or other vessel.
- adj. Belonging to the class of plants consisting of gymnosperms.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany, of, pertaining to, or resembling the Gymnospermæ; having naked seeds: opposed to angiospermous. Also gymnogenous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or characteristic of plants of the class Gymnospermae
Sorry, no etymologies found.
a gymnospermous or polycotyledonous tree, and which we find associated with remains of Coccosteus and Diplacanthus.