gyrostabilizer love


from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. An instrument having a heavy gyroscope whose axis spins in a vertical plane to reduce the side-to-side rolling of a ship or aircraft.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A device for stabilizing using a gyroscope.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. a stabilizer consisting of a heavy gyroscope that spins on a vertical axis; reduces side-to-side rolling of a ship or plane


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.