from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A habitual tendency or way of behaving. See Synonyms at habit.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The essential character of one's being or existence; native or normal constitution; mental or moral constitution; bodily condition; native temperament.
- n. Habitual disposition; normal or characteristic mode of behaviour, whether from habit or from nature
- n. Behaviour or manner of existence in relation to something else; relation; respect.
- n. In full habitude: fully, wholly, entirely; in all respects.
- n. habitual association; familiar relation; acquaintance; familiarity; intimacy; association; intercourse.
- n. an associate; an acquaintance; someone with whom one is familiar.
- n. Habit; custom; usage.
- n. A chemical term used in the plural to denote the various ways in which one substance reacts with another; chemical reaction.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Habitual attitude; usual or accustomed state with reference to something else; established or usual relations.
- n. Habitual association, intercourse, or familiarity.
- n. Habit of body or of action.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Customary manner or mode of living, feeling, or acting; habit.
- n. Relation; respect; state with regard to something else.
- n. Association; intercourse: familiarity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. habitual mode of behavior
I especially love this entry, and am trying to adopt a similar "habitude" chez moi, aussi.
But with regard to the divine bounty, and in what sense that is ascribed to God, and what kind of habitude of the divine will it denotes, this is not the place to inquire.
We are all, more or less, 'des animaux d'habitude'.
The conference's opening speaker, Marshawn Evans, will do just that when she talks about "habitude" and how it can create a "great" you.
Mais non, c'est juste une vieille habitude parmi les françaises!!!
At home I don't have un casse-croute of cheese and bread before dinner, but in France it's une habitude.
Soon a new habitude* was instilled in our daily routine: Le
My daughter says that books are like cigarettes, une mauvaise habitude, * and would I please put the reading aside for one night?
Mais non, c'est juste une vieille habitude parmi les françaises !
Achilles indeed glided into the presence with the easy and quiet extremity of respect which intimated his habitude in these regions.