from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. In equal parts; half
- adv. In two equal parts.
- n. Half one thing and half another.
- n. A mixture of cream and milk often used in coffee, defined by the US Food and Drug Administration to contain between 10.5% and 18% milk fat.
- n. A mixture of two alcoholic beverages, most frequently those brewed from malt, such as porter and ale or mild and bitter beers, in about equal parts; also used for equal parts of an alcoholic beverage and water.
- n. A person of mixed race or with dual nationality.
- n. A combination of both rice and chips as an accompaniment to a curry, as opposed to one or the other.
- n. A combination of beer and ale (or similar alcoholic drinks) in equal quantities.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
There was to be a senate, at first wholly nominated by the Crown and subsequently half and half by the Crown and Senate.
The strike force was split half and half between Humans, including Ranji and his friends, and Massood.