from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Music See semitone.
- n. A marching step of 15 inches (38 centimeters) at quick time and 18 inches (46 centimeters) at double time.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An interval of which there are seven in a fifth or twelve in an octave, consisting of two tones whose frequency ratio is about 1.059 or 18/17.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. a semitone; the smallest difference of pitch or interval, used in music.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In music, a semitone. See semitone, step, and tone.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the musical interval between adjacent keys on a keyboard instrument
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.