from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small magnifying glass held in the hand.
- n. A mirror with a handle.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small mirror with a handle.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a mirror intended to be held in the hand
- n. light microscope consisting of a single convex lens that is used to produce an enlarged image
Sorry, no etymologies found.