from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A coarse coverlet

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. A coarse coverlet.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


  • These coverlets the weaver calls by the good old English name of hap-harlot, a name now obsolete in England, which I have never seen used in text of later date than Holinshead's _Survey of London_, written four hundred years ago.

    Home Life in Colonial Days


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.