from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The leading establishments or designers for the creation of exclusive fashions.
- noun The creation of exclusive fashions.
- noun The fashions created.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A common term for
high fashionas produced in Parisand imitated in other fashion capitals such as New York, London, and Milan.
- noun The
fashion housesor fashion designersthat create exclusive and often trend-setting fashions
- noun Any unique stylish design made to order for wealthy and high-status clients.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun trend-setting fashions
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[French : haute, feminine of haut, high, elegant + couture, sewing.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From French haute ("high, elegant") + couture ("sewing")
Sorry, no example sentences found.