from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. A loft for storing hay. Also called haymow.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. The upper storey of a barn used for storing hay

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. A loft or scaffold for hay.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. In a stable or barn, a storing-place for hay.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. a loft in a barn where hay is stored


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.