from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. A rack from which livestock feed.
  • n. A rack fitted to a wagon for carrying hay.
  • n. A wagon fitted with such a rack.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A freestanding vertical drying-rack for animal fodder.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. A frame mounted on the running gear of a wagon, and used in hauling hay, straw, sheaves, etc.; -- called also hay rigging and hay rig.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. A light framework of wood placed on an open wagon for the purpose of carrying bulky material, such as hay or straw.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. a frame attached to a wagon to increase the amount of hay it can carry
  • n. a rack that holds hay for feeding livestock


from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

hay +‎ rack



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.