from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun An environment capable of absorbing heat from an object with which it is in thermal contact without a phase change or an appreciable change in temperature.
- noun A protective device that absorbs and dissipates the excess heat generated by a system.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun thermodynamics An object, system or environment that
absorbsand dissipatesheat from objects in thermal contact(either direct or radiant) with it.
- noun thermodynamics A place toward which the heat moves in a system.
- noun thermodynamics A material capable of absorbing heat.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a metal conductor specially designed to conduct (and radiate) heat
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.