from The Century Dictionary.
- noun One who or that which heaves or lifts.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun One who, or that which, heaves or lifts; a laborer employed on docks in handling freight.
- noun (Naut.) A bar used as a lever.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun One who, or that which,
heavesor lifts; a laboreremployed on docks in handling freight; as, a coal heaver.
- noun A bar used as a lever.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a workman who heaves freight or bulk goods (especially at a dockyard)
- noun a bar used as a lever (as in twisting rope)
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
heave + -er
Sorry, no example sentences found.