from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. A tool used by turners in metal, having a bend forming a heel near the cutting end.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. In turning, a tool with an acute cutting edge and an angular base or heel, used by metal-turners for roughing out a piece of iron or turning it to somewhat near the intended size.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.