from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- Elision of "hell of".
- Elision of "the hell of".
- Elision of "hell have"
- adj. Intensifier, signifies an abundance of a thing; much or many.
- adv. Intensifier (modifies verbs); to a large extent; totally; very much.
- adv. Intensifier (modifies adjectives); to a large degree; extremely; exceedingly.
- interj. For sure; totally; hell yeah; used as a strong affirmation of something that was just said, accomplished, or revealed.
In fact, it was a helluv a lot better than I expected it to be.
Had a helluv an argument with my Mum, and have felt very unsupported in my pain the past two days.
I'm helluv hungover, so yeah, thanks to everyone who came down last night.
All the Say... replies are done, it's shaping up to be a helluv-an-issue.
I almost yanked an alarm just for the helluv it after it was already going off.
We saw quick thinking, clean delivery of lines and a helluv a lot of walking and talking.