from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A plant, such as mistletoe, that obtains some nourishment from its host but also photosynthesizes. Also called semiparasite.
- n. An organism that can live either independently or as a parasite.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any parasitic plant that also obtains energy by photosynthesis
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A partially parasitic plant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a parasitic plant that contains some chlorophyll and therefore is capable of photosynthesis
hemi- + parasite (Wiktionary)
Woldemichael GM, Wink M (2002) Concomitant occurrence of pyrrolizidine and quinolizidine alkaloids in the hemiparasite