from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A common seagull (Larus argentatus) of the Northern Hemisphere having gray and white plumage with black wing tips.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A common, large seagull, Larus argentatus, having a white and gray body and a yellow bill with a red spot.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a large gull which feeds in part upon herrings; esp., Larus argentatus in America, and Larus cachinnans in England. See Gull.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of several gulls of large size, having the mantle pearl-blue, the primaries crossed with black and tipped with white, the bill yellow with a red spot on the gonys, and the feet yellow or flesh-colored.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. large gull of the northern hemisphere
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.