from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The formation and excretion of sweat.
- noun Sweat, especially in excessive or abnormal amounts.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In pathology, perspiration, especially when profuse or artificially produced; a sweating condition, or the state of being in a sweat. Also
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Physiol.) Excretion of sweat; perspiration.
- noun (Med.) Excessive perspiration; also, any skin disease characterized by abnormal perspiration.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun physiology The formation and excretion of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the process of the sweat glands of the skin secreting a salty fluid
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Greek hidrōsis, sweating, from hidroun, to sweat, from hidrōs, sweat; see sweid- in Indo-European roots.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From New Latin, from Ancient Greek stem of ἱδρώς (hidros, "sweat") + -sis
Sorry, no example sentences found.