from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A jump for height made over a horizontal bar in a track-and-field contest.
- n. A contest in which high jumps are made.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An athletics event where a competitor must jump over a bar placed gradually higher and higher.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of jumping as high as possible over a horizontal bar
- n. a competition that involves jumping as high as possible over a horizontal bar
From high + jump. (Wiktionary)
No. It was Nicko, Gina, the rest who were for the high jump if Nicko lost.