from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Slang One who spends freely and extravagantly, as for luxuries or entertainment.
- n. Slang One who gambles rashly or for high stakes.
- n. Slang An organization, such as a large corporation, that spends or invests liberally or rashly.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a gambler who wagers large amounts of money, usually in a casino.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a gambler who wagers large sums
- n. one who spends lavishly and ostentatiously on entertainment
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.