from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Chiefly British A main street.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The main street of any town.
- n. Mainstream shops, banks, etc. that can be found on such a street, in contrast to more specialist shops and services.
- n. Physical, bricks and mortar shops, in contrast to Internet shops.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. street that serves as a principal thoroughfare for traffic in a town
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.