from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The tide at its fullest, when the water reaches its highest level.
- noun The time at which this tide occurs.
- noun A point of culmination; a climax.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A great festival.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The natural
tideat its highest level for a particular tidalcycle at a certain place.
- noun The time of day when the
seahas risen to its highest level.
- noun figuratively
climax, culminating point or phase
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the tide when the water is highest
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.