from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See high tide.
- n. The state of a body of water that has reached its highest level.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The location of high tide on a coastal area.
- n. The highest stage of a river.
- n. The maximum level attained.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. the utmost flow or greatest elevation of the tide; also, the time of such elevation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the tide when the water is highest
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.