from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The state of a body of water that has reached its highest level.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun uncountable The location of
high tideon a coastalarea.
- noun countable The highest
stageof a river.
- noun uncountable, figuratively The maximum level attained.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the tide when the water is highest
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.