from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A mark indicating the highest level reached by a body of water.
- n. The highest point, as of achievement; the apex.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A mark, such as a line of seaweed, showing the highest level reached by a body of water.
- n. The peak or apex of something.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. A mark showing the highest level reached by water in a river or other body of fresh water, as in time of freshet.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a line marking the highest level reached
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.