from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun One, especially a professional killer, who is hired to kill another person.
- noun One hired to fight for or protect another.
- noun One with special knowledge or expertise, as in business, law, or government, who is hired to resolve particularly difficult or complex problems.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A person who is employed as an
armed guard, enforcer, or mercenaryand who is prepared to use gunplayor similar violentmethods in order to assert the interestsof his or her employer.
- noun idiomatic, by extension A person who is employed to advance the interests of his or her employer, especially in a
vigorousmanner using such methods as political lobbying, legal advocacy, or persuasion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a professional killer who uses a gun
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.