from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. A trade-name of a glass globe or reflector for electric or other lights, of clear glass, pressed, either only on the outer surface or on both surfaces, with prismatic corrugations: in the latter ease the prisms of the inner surface are at right angles to those of the outer surface and are arranged so as to scatter the transmitted light in the special manner required.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


  • For more information about Holophane Tear Drop LED luminaires or any of the company's decorative outdoor lighting fixtures, visit www. or call 1-866-759-1577.

    ThomasNet News - Today's New Product News


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.