from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A hit that allows the batter to make a complete circuit of the diamond and score a run.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Baseball) a complete circuit of the bases made by the batter without being put out and without an error on the play; also, the hit on which the batter makes such a circuit; a four-base hit.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun baseball A four-base
hit, a homer
- noun idiomatic The portion of a journey that ends at home
- noun idiomatic A
success; especially, a popular success.
- noun idiomatic
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun something that exactly succeeds in achieving its goal
- noun a base hit on which the batter scores a run
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.