from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The short hand on a clock or watch that indicates hours.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The hand of a clock or watch face that revolves twice each day and indicates the hours.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the hand or index which shows the hour on a timepiece.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The hand or pointed pin which indicates the hour on a timepiece.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the shorter hand of a clock that points to the hours
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.