Sorry, no definitions found. Check out and contribute to the discussion of this word!
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Log in or sign up to add your own related words.
Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.
gangerh commented on the word how to bin friends and influence people
Ta for that. Didn't know. Anyway they changed more than one letter. :-)
January 30, 2008
vanishedone commented on the word how to bin friends and influence people
There actually is a book called How to Lose Friends and Alienate People: two such books by different authors if LibraryThing is to be believed.
Eight things this book will help you achieve
1. Get into a mental rut, reject new thoughts, discard new visions, bury new ambitions.
2. Lose friends quickly and easily.
3. Decrease your popularity.
4. Lose people to your way of thinking.
5. Reduce your influence, your prestige, your ability to get things done.
6. Mishandle complaints, instigate arguments, keep your human contacts rough and unpleasant.
7. Become a worse speaker, a less entertaining conversationalist.
8. Arouse apathy among your associates.
This book has done all these things for less than ten million readers in thirty-six languages.
Wordnik is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, EIN #47-2198092.