from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who husks (as one who removes the husks, leaves, from ears of corn).
- n. A fan or supporter of the Nebraska Cornhuskers, the sports teams of the University of Nebraska.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who husks; especially, one who husks corn; one who takes part in a husking-bee.
- n. A tool or machine for removing the husks from maize.
- n. Among oystermen, an oysteropener; a shucker.
- n. plural In ornithology, the Deglubitores, the third order of birds in Macgillivray's system. See Deglubitores.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
(It is hard for me to sometimes put into words what I really mean, but I hope you get my understanding of the event, I will think about it for a very long time). husker
I have done it that way a couple of times. jerezano husker
A clean house is the sign of a broken computer. husker
(This post was edited by husker on Apr 9, 2009, 1: 44 PM)
Re: [husker] The Scarlet Letter/Translations needed
(This post was edited by Rolly on Jan 6, 2010, 8: 03 AM) husker
Re: [husker] The Scarlet Letter (another word game)
(This post was edited by Brian on Nov 3, 2009, 8: 53 AM) husker
(This post was edited by Hound Dog on May 8, 2009, 6: 12 AM) husker
We should be careful, I think, not to paint with too broad a brush. husker