from The Century Dictionary.

  • noun One who husks; especially, one who husks corn; one who takes part in a husking-bee.
  • noun A tool or machine for removing the husks from maize.
  • noun Among oystermen, an oysteropener; a shucker.
  • noun plural In ornithology, the Deglubitores, the third order of birds in Macgillivray's system. See Deglubitores.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun One who husks (as one who removes the husks, leaves, from ears of corn).
  • noun US, slang A fan or supporter of the Nebraska Cornhuskers, the sports teams of the University of Nebraska.


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.