from The Century Dictionary.
- Pertaining to a hydrometer, or to the determination of the specific gravity, velocity, discharge, etc., of fluids.
- Made by means of a hydrometer: as, hydrometric observations.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Of or pertaining to an hydrometer, or to the determination of the specific gravity of fluids.
- adjective Of or pertaining to measurement of the velocity, discharge, etc., of running water.
- adjective Made by means of an hydrometer.
- adjective a species of hydrometer consisting of a hollow ball of ivory or metal suspended by a treated from the center of a graduated quadrant, and held in a stream to measure the velocity of the water by the inclination given to the thread; a kind of current gauge.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective concerning or applying
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective of or relating to hydrometry
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
In a study that used long-term hydrometric observations for the Eurasian Arctic, Peterson et al.  found that the annual discharge to the Arctic Ocean from the six largest Eurasian rivers increased by 7% between 1936 and 1999.
Since 1985, the number of hydrometric stations has decreased significantly, owing to budget constraints and (in Siberia) population losses.
According to a contemporary assessment based on available hydrometric and meteorological information , the total long-term river discharge from the entire Arctic Ocean drainage basin (including Hudson Bay but not Bering Strait) is 5,250 cubic-kilometers per year (km3/yr) (46% from Asia, 41% from North America and Greenland, and 13% from Europe).
In Ethiopia, there is a clear need for more detailed groundwater data, and in Central Africa, hydrometric monitoring networks need to be revitalized.
Since April 2001, when we signed the agreement to establish the Joint Bi-lateral Commission on Co-operation, there has been steady progress with several other joint projects, including geo-chemical mapping and the improvement of hydrometric installations.
Noticias reported that the hydrometric station situated over the bridge of the Zambezi river was no longer operational and it was impossible to measure the river levels in that area.
Langa said about 300 millimetres (12 inches) of rain were registered at hydrometric stations in Tete during the past week.
A communique issued late Tuesday said a flood wave was travelling down the river from South Africa where it rises, and was flowing at 1,700 cubic metres per second at the provincial hydrometric station.
Cuban-Bulgarian Friendship water pipeline -- 29 km of 1,000 mm pipeline; 26 hydrometric networks for the Ministry of Agriculture and the MINAZ
The funding will support projects such as a new hydrometric network infrastructure to improve flood forecasting and emergency flood response; provincial flood control work enhancements; adding gates to the Shellmouth Dam spillway; flood protection in Melita; and building dikes in various flood prone communities north of Winnipeg.