from The Century Dictionary.
- Pertaining to the hyoid bone and the tongue.
- noun Same as
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Pertaining to or connecting the tongue and hyodean arch.
- adjective Of or pertaining to the hyoglossus muscle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective anatomy Pertaining to or connecting the
tongueand hyodean arch.
- adjective Of or pertaining to the
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Its Root (radix linguæ base) (Fig. 954) is directed backward, and connected with the hyoid bone by the Hyoglossi and Genioglossi muscles and the hyoglossal membrane; with the epiglottis by three folds (glossoepiglottic) of mucous membrane; with the soft palate by the glossopalatine arches; and with the pharynx by the Constrictores pharyngis superiores and the mucous membrane.