from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A set of one or more antigenic determinants specific to the variable region of an immunoglobulin molecule.
- noun A set of immunoglobin molecules that have the same antigen-binding specificity in their variable regions.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun An object or a substance typical of a class; one of a series exhibiting like peculiarities.
- noun In the nomenclature of types in natural history, a specimen, not a holotype, identified by the nomenclator himself.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun immunology A characteristic shared by a group of
immunoglobulinor T cell receptor molecules, based on the antigenbinding specificity of their variable region
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
idio- + type
Sorry, no example sentences found.