from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. Within a living organism: metabolic studies conducted in vivo; in vivo techniques.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Within a living organism.
- adv. Within a living organism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Within the living body. See in vitro.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in the living organism
- adj. within a living organism
You are subtly influenced by his or her nonverbal behavior, and perhaps, in a ritualistic exchange of signals, have imitated the nodding, thus reproducing in vivo Foerster’s experimental Qi Gong.
Epithelial barrier function in vivo is sustained despite gaps in epithelial layers.
Sandier, S. B. Carter, K. R. Hunter, and G. M. Stern, Tetrahydroisoquinoline alkaloids: in vivo metabolites of L-dopa in man, Nature 241 1973: 439-43.
Activation and apoptosis of CD4+ T cells following in vivo exposure to two common environmental toxicants, trichloroacetaldehyde hydrate and trichloroacetic acid.