from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

  • noun The use of vacant land and property within a built-up area for further construction or development.
  • noun A substance or material used to fill in.

from The Century Dictionary.

  • To fill in; fill.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • verb To fill in a space, hole or gap.
  • noun That which fills in a space, hole or gap.


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.