Help Wordnik hunt for a million missing words by backing our Kickstarter!


from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • v. To cover with a film; to coat thinly.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • transitive v. To cover with a film; to coat thinly

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • To cover with a film, as in gilding.


in- +‎ film (Wiktionary)



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.