from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The fruiting stage of an inflorescence.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The fruiting stage of an inflorescence; a group of fruit arranged on a stem in a characteristic pattern
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The mature stage succeeding inflorescence: used concretely for the fruit with its immediate supports.
- n. A collective fruit. Jackson, Glossary.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the fruiting stage of the inflorescence
French : Latin in-, in; see in-2 + Latin frūctus, fruit; see fruit.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.