from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To swallow greedily or in excessive amounts; gulp.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To swallow up greedily or in large amounts; gulp; gorge; guzzle.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To swallow, devour, or drink greedily or in large quantity; to guzzle.
- transitive v. To swallow up, as in a gulf.
- intransitive v. To guzzle; to swill.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To swallow greedily or in great quantity.
- To plunge; engulf.
- To drink largely; swill.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. overeat or eat immodestly; make a pig of oneself
Nothing pesters the body and mind sooner than to be still fed, to eat and ingurgitate beyond all measure, as many do.