from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person or device that applies ink.
- n. In comic book production, a person who fills in material outlined by the comic book author.
- n. A tattoo artist.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, inks; especially, in printing, the pad or roller which inks the type.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A device on a recording instrument by which the dot or trace is made.
- n. One of the large rollers on a printing-press which apply the ink to the type.
His inker is his next-door neighbor, Michael Babinski.
I used our new Frost White Shimmer Paint mixed with a bit of Bashful Blue re-inker to create the ink used for the snowflakes.
Once I have approved it, it goes to the inker who inks it in Ohio.
So myself and my brother, Andrew Mangum (currently Josh's inker on Frazetta's Sorcerer) decided to arrange another benefit auction like the one they did at Emerald City Con back in '08.
Doug Moench, writer; Carmine Infantino, penciller; Bob Smith, inker.
Paul Kupperberg, writer; Joe Staton, penciller; Steve Mitchell, inker.
Marv Wolfman, plot; Cary Bates, script; Keith Giffen, penciller; Dave Hunt, inker.
Len Wein, writer; Chuck Patton, co-plotter and penciller; Mike DeCarlo, inker.
Penciler Paul Pelletier, inker Dave Meikis and colorists James Rochelle and Wil Quintana all contributed vital ideas and enthusiasm to the mix.
Mike W. Barr, writer; Dave Gibbons, penciller; Mark Farmer, inker.