from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Lacking an operculum.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having no operculum; said of certain gastropod shells.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having no true operculum, as a snail; specifically, of or pertaining to the Inoperculata.
- In botany, not provided with an operculum or lid.
- Also inopercular, inoperculated.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.