from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The branch of chemistry that deals with inorganic compounds.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The chemistry of the elements (including carbon), and those compounds that do not contain carbon.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. that which treats of inorganic or mineral substances.
- adj. See under Chemistry.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the chemistry of compounds that do not contain hydrocarbon radicals
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.