from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The act of inspissating, or the state of being inspissated; increased consistence, as of a fluid substance.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The act or the process of inspissating, or thickening a fluid substance, as by evaporation; also, the state of being so thickened.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The act of thickening. The
processby which something is inspissated.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the process of thickening by dehydration
- noun the act of thickening
Sorry, no etymologies found.
When cold, it should have a density of about 1.38, and mark the 38th degree of Baume's hydrometer; beyond which point of inspissation it would be dangerous to go.
The Commercial Products of the Vegetable Kingdom Considered in Their Various Uses to Man and in Their Relation to the Arts and Manufactures; Forming a Practical Treatise & Handbook of Reference for the Colonist, Manufacturer, Merchant, and Consumer, on the Cultivation, Preparation for Shipment, and Commercial Value, &c. of the Various Substances Obtained From Trees and Plants, Entering into the Husbandry of Tropical and Sub-tropical Regions, &c.
There was no mystery as to its genesis in either region, as it had been shown to be the result of inspissation of
As I returned, there was, in the phraseology of that most precise of prigs in a white collarless coat and _chapeau bas_, Mister Commissary Ramsay -- "a rather dense inspissation of rain."