from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

  • noun One that integrates.
  • noun An instrument for mechanically calculating definite integrals.

from The Century Dictionary.

  • noun An instrument for performing numerical integrations.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.

  • noun (Math. & Mech.) That which integrates; esp., an instrument by means of which the area of a figure can be measured directly, or its moment of inertia, or statical moment, etc., be determined.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun A person who, or a device which integrates
  • noun A device which calculates definite integrals
  • noun Any electronic device that sums a measurement over time

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • noun a measuring instrument for measuring the area of an irregular plane figure


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.