from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Linking two neurons in a neuronal pathway.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to an internuncio.
- adj. Between neurons; communicating or transmitting impressions between different parts of the body.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to an internuncio.
- adj. Communicating or transmitting impressions between different parts of the body; -- said of the nervous system.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or belonging to an internuncio or his office.
- In physiology, pertaining to, resembling, or possessing the function of the nervous system as communicating between different parts of the body.
As a rule they are provoked by cooperation between groups of afferent, internuncial, and efferent neurones.
But if there be something in the case besides live machinery and crossing telegrams, if there be a monarch mind inaccessible to the vulgar crowd of things and only conversing with them through the internuncial nerves, that spirit entity may itself be capable of existing forever in an ideal universe and of communing there face to face with its own kingly lineage and brood.
The subvirus is attacking the internuncial neurones. "