from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To put or insert between other strata.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To put or insert between other strata.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In geology, to cause to occupy a position among or between other strata; intermix as regards strata.
- To assume a position between or among other strata.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. arrange rocks in alternating strata
It is advisable also to interstratify the dung with dry soil, so as to absorb any liquid which may tend to escape from it, and it should also be covered with a well-beaten layer of earth, in order to exclude the rain.