from The Century Dictionary.
- In chem., related to, containing, or resembling iodine. Iodous oxid and iodous acid are terms which by analogy would be given to compounds containing less oxygen than iodic oxid or acid, but no such substances are known.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective (Chem.) Pertaining to, or containing, iodine. See
- adjective a hypothetical acid, analogous to chlorous acid.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Of, pertaining to, or containing
- adjective Of or pertaining to
iodous acidor its derivatives
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.